Some dear friends of our made this for dinner one night. I was scrumptious! I am very generous on the fresh thyme. It is worth it! You can double this easy and freeze one recipe.
I serve it with fresh broccoli or asparagus and Au Gratin Potatoes. (Recipe below)
These are two perfect recipes to serve your family and even company!
Roast Pork Tenderloins with Apples
Serves: 4 to 6 servings
2 pieces, 1 package, pork tenderloins (I get my at Sam's club)
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon grill seasoning
2 teaspoons lemon zest
2 tablespoons fresh chopped thyme leaves
3 tablespoons butter
5 Gala, Honey Crisp or Golden Delicious apples, quartered, cored and sliced
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 tablespoons sugar
Heat oven to 425 degrees F.
Coat the tenderloins with olive oil. Combine the grill seasoning, lemon zest and thyme. Rub the spice mixture into the tenderloin and roast 25 minutes. Remove and let juices settle then slice on an angle.
Melt butter in skillet over medium heat and saute apples for 12 to 15 minutes until very tender. Season with a pinch of salt and sprinkle the flour over the skillet, toss to combine. Squeeze the lemon juice over the skillet and sweeten with sugar.
Arrange the apples over the pork to serve.
Au Gratin Potatoes
- 1 (2 pound) package frozen hash browns (I use the Ore-Ida potatoes O'Brian they have onion and green pepper already included....saves time)
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream (I use light)
- 1 small finely diced onion
- 1 green bell pepper, minced
- 2 cups sharp shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Grease a 9x13 inch baking pan.
- Spread frozen hash browns into the bottom of the prepared pan. Mix together soup, onion, green bell pepper and sour cream; pour the mixture over the potatoes.
- Bake in the preheated 350 degrees oven for 50 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven, sprinkle with cheese, and bake another 30 minutes or until the cheese melts.